Latihansoaldanjawaban.blogspot.com: Kunci Jawaban English exam nomor 20-29

Monday, April 24, 2017

Kunci Jawaban English exam nomor 20-29

The following text for questions 20 to 22.

Once, there lived a hen called Red Feather because the color of her feather was red. One day, the fox caught the red feather and put it into a sack. He intended to bring the hen home and cooked it for
dinner.

Suddenly, he saw a dove lying on the ground. The fox was delighted to find a dove, he thought of having a lot of f was a friend of the red feather. The dove knew that the fox had caught the Red Feather. He wanted to help the red feather by pretending to have a broken wing and lying on the ground for the fox to catch.

The fox left the hen in the sack trying to catch the dove. As the fox got closer, the dove instantly flew away leaving the fox. Meanwhile the fox was busy trying to catch the dove; the hen released herself from the sack and ran away as fast as possible. The fox wasn’t able to ca when the fox came back to his sack, how shocked he was to find the Red feather had already gone. Finally the fox realized that he had nothing for dinner. (Taken from 366 and More Fairy Tales, 1990)

20. What would the fox do with the Red Feather? 
A. Eat it. 
B. Help it. 
C. Chase it. 
D. Release it. 

21. What did the dove do to help the Red Feather? 
A. Took the hen and put it the sack. 
B. Pretended to have a broken wing. 
C. Brought the fox home and cooked it. 
D. Released the hen free and flew away. 

22. What can we learn from the story above? 
A. Always believe in your friend. 
B. A true friendship lasts forever. 
C. No one can live without a friend. 
D. A friend in need is a friend indeed. 

The following text is for questions 23 to 26.
When I was seven years old, I was given a small wallet to keep my pocket money in. I felt so happy and put it in my hip pocket.

One day, during the break time at school, I discovered that my wallet was missing. I checked it but I could not find it. There was some money in the wallet and without it I could not buy anything to eat. I was close to tears. It was not because of losing my precious wallet but because I might get scolded by my parents. Anyhow I went hungry that day.

In the class I could not concentrate well to study at all. I kept thinking about how I lost my wallet and what my parents would react. How was I going to explain the loss? I did not know whether someone had taken it from my pocket or it had merely fallen out. I hoped that someone would find and return it to me.

When I told my mother about my loss, she was angry. She told me that it would not have happend if I had been careful. When my father came home, I got another anger. Then he told me that there would not be any more wallets for me until I got older.

Luckily, I still got pocket money from my parents. I am glad to say that I never lost anything again. I had learned to be more careful. It is not pleasant to lose something and then get scolded for losing it. (Adapted from www.englishdaily626.com)

23. “It was not because of losingget scoldedmy bypreciousmy parents” (second paragraph). 
The   closest   meaning   of   the   underlined   wor 
A. expensive 
B. luxurious 
C. valuable 
D. unique 

24. “I hoped that someone would find it and return it to me” Paragraph( three). The underlined word refers to …. 
A. lost 
B. fare 
C. pocket 
D. wallet 

25. Why is it difficult for the writer to concentrate on her study? 
A. He kept thinking about how his parents would react. 
B. He still got pocket-money from his parents. 
C. His father got angry with her. 
D. He lost his wallet. 

26. From the text above we can conclude that the writer …. 
A. knew where he lost his wallet 
B. learns not to be careless anymore 
C. did not get pocket money anymore 
D. found the parents were glad about the loss 

The following text is for questions 27 to 29.

Tips on Reading a Newspaper
1. Find a good, reliable, local newspaper.
2. Make sure the newspaper is reputable, not a tabloid with gossip and false stories. 
• Read the headline of your newspaper and the featured pages and see if anything interests you. 
• If the front page story intrigues you, read it, and carry on inside the paper if it continues. 
3 When finished, go back to the front page and see if any other featured stories interest you. 
• Repeat the procedure above. 
4. When done with the front page, turn to the next page and see if any article there interests you. 
• If so, read it, and then carry on if it continues. 
5 Repeat until you have read all of the interesting articles or the entire newspaper. (Taken from www.wikihow.com)

27. “Make sure the newspaper is reputable, not a tabloid with gossip and false stories.” (Step 2). 
The underlined word has the closest meaning to …. 
A. respectable 
B. adaptable 
C. readable 
D. capable 

28. “If so, read it, and then carry on if it continues.” Step( 4) What does the underlined word refer to? 
A. procedure 
B. front page 
C. next page 
D. article 

29. The   text   is   written   to   ….. 
A. tell experience in reading a newspaper 
B. give tips on how to read a newspaper 
C. describe a good newspaper 
D. select a good newspaper 

Kunci Jawaban Soal Ujian Bahasa Inggris

Mr. Bean English exam meme

20. A Jawaban ditemukan pada kalimat: He intended to bring the hen home and cooked it for dinner.

21. C Jawaban  ditemukan  pada  kalimat:  He  wanted  to  help  the  red  feather  by pretending to have a broken wing and lying on the ground for the fox to catch.

22. B Inti dari cerita tersebut adalah tentang persahabatan sejati bahwa sahabat selalu saling membantu, senantiasa ada disaat dibutuhkan.

23. D precious = valuable (berharga) expensive (mahal); luxurious (mewah); unique (unik/langka)

24. D Jawaban  dapat  ditemukan  dengan  membaca  kalimat-kalimat  sebelumnya.  Contoh: I kept thinking about how I lost my wallet and what my parents would react  Pada kalimat inilah jawaban ditemukan.

25. A Jawaban A: He kept thinking about how his parents would react. Jawaban ditemukan pada kalimat: At class I could not concentrate well to study at all. I kept thinking about how I lost my wallet and what my parents would react. Pada kalimat tersebut  dapat ditengarai bahwa kalimat kedua berfungsi menjelaskan alasan mengapa penulis tidak dapat konsentrasi belajar.

26. C Dinyatakan di paragraf terakhir dalam kalimat “Ihad learned to be more careful.”

27. A reputable = respectable (termashur, ternama) Cukup jelas.
readable = dapat dibaca
adaptable = dapat diadaptasi
capable = mampu/dapat

28. D Jawaban ditemukan pada kalimat: When done with the front page, turn to the next page and see if any article there interest you.

29. B Apabila dicermati, maka dapat diambil kesimpulan bahwa  teks tesebut ditujukan untuk memberikan tips tentang bagaimana cara membaca koran yang baik dan benar.




1 comment:

  1. 22. What can we learn from the story above?
    A. Always believe in your friend.
    B. A true friendship lasts forever.
    C. No one can live without a friend.
    D. A friend in need is a friend indeed.

    ReplyDelete